Green Meadow News
September 15, 2016 Donna Dankner, Principal
Debbie Bresnick, Assistant Principal
We are looking forward to meeting with our Green Meadow parents during our annual Curriculum Night next Thursday, September 22 from 6:30-8:00 PM. Teachers are always appreciative of this opportunity to share information with parents about classroom routines, curriculum expectations, and how each teacher will share information with you about your child’s school experience. Please note that this evening program is for parents only. Our family open house for students and family members will be held during the spring.
The schedule for this evening is as follows:
6:30-6:50 Welcome in the cafeteria for all parents
This year we are delighted to welcome many new skilled and talented staff members to our school community. They are enjoying getting to know our students and being part of their school experience. Please take some time during the evening to introduce yourselves and welcome:
· Dam Nuygen English Language Teacher
· Michael Morello Physical Education Teacher
· Laura Larrson Librarian
· Christine Wysokowski Music Teacher
· Carolyne Ventricelli Special Educator
· Jackie Vater Special Educator
· Ann Rutherford School Adjustment Counselor
· Justine Spedden Literacy Specialist
Our school year promises to be filled with exciting and enriching learning experiences for all. We hope you are able to join us for this informative program.
News from Ms. Fioretti’s Class:
Greetings from Mrs. Fioretti’s class! Our class is working to build a strong classroom community by creating class rules, getting to know one another through various activities, such as sharing “me bags”, and celebrating our similarities and differences. We recently read the book, Each Kindness, where the children learned that even small acts of kindness can change the world! This ongoing theme of building community has helped this group of first graders learn to identify others’ feelings and appreciate differences. We are excited about continuing to explore these topics throughout the year!
Holly Class Happenings:
We are off to a great start this year! We are KIND, we are SAFE, and we are SMART learners!
We welcome a new friend to Maynard and our classroom- Zachary!
News from Mrs. Duddy’s Class:
Welcome back! I hope you all have a wonderful school year!
· Help is needed in the school library shelving books, covering books and entering new books into the computer. No prior experience needed! Please get in touch with our library teacher, Laura Larsson by e-mail at LLarsson@maynard.k12.ma.us
· Please complete and return the paperwork you received on the first day of school. Please keep this information current by updating your emergency and personal contact information as it changes throughout the year.
Dates to Remember
Thursday, Sept. 22 Back to School Night (PK-3) – 6:30-8:00 PM
Thursday, Sept. 29 Picture Day – for students during school
Friday, Sept. 30 Early Release – 11:45 Dismissal