Green Meadow News
May 26, 2016 Donna Dankner, Principal
The third grade production of Summer Camp was truly amazing. They are certainly accomplished performers! It was wonderful that so many friends and family members were able to join us for this special performance.
The end of the year is always such as busy time. We would like to share some of the special events planned for the remainder of the school year.
· On Tuesday, May 31, at 8:45 we will hold our final parent coffee of the school year. This open discussion gives us an opportunity to reflect on the current school year and explore plans for the coming year. Jennifer Gaudet, Director of Curriculum, will join us. We hope you will be able to come and share your thoughts and ideas.
· On Friday, May 27, three of our kindergarten classes will be visiting Animal Adventures.
· On Friday, June 10, we will hold our annual Service Day and Reading Celebration. Each year we work together as a school on service projects that enhance our school environment. Recently our students had an opportunity to share the Maynard High School service day as some of the High school students came to Green Meadow to be in classrooms, spend time at recess, and support students for their projects. This set a wonderful example for our students as they prepare for the Green Meadow Service day. In addition we will have our annual cook out and celebrate our reading. We expect to surpass 8,000 books being read by our students since March! What an accomplishment!
· During the next few weeks, third grade students will be sharing their knowledge of accomplished individuals through their wax museums. Through extensive research, the students have prepared impressive and informative presentations about their chosen subject. Individual classes will share their visit schedules with families.
· On Friday, June 17, we will hold the third grade field day. Additional details will follow.
News from Mrs. Hazel’s P.E. Classes:
We are winding down this year with lots of new games in all grades! Second and third graders are doing Tabata as part of their warm up. We are up to five cycles now - we started at three. We are still utilizing the "CALM" app at the end of most classes to enjoy some guided meditation. Kindergarten and first grades are working on ball skills, as well as nutrition activities and running games.
Third grade field day will be held June 17th with no rain date. A separate information sheet will be going home soon. Volunteers are needed! :) Mrs. Hazel
News from Mrs. McPhail’s Class:
Ahoy, everyone! We cruised through PARCC with our best efforts and are spending our remaining time together finishing our American Revolution unit, wrapping up our science weather unit, and reviewing the literacy and math skills we learned this year. We are excited about "Up Day" when we travel to Fowler for a sneak peek at life in 4th grade! Wishing everyone smooth sailing to the end of this school year and a very relaxing, happy summer! Bon Voyage!
· To maintain safety for all, please do not drive or park in the bus circle during arrival, dismissal, or school hours.
· · The Boys & Girls Club will be closed Monday, June 20-24 for summer preparations.
· Shop local without ever leaving your house -- that's the basis of the Green Meadow PTO's newest fundraiser. You can shop at purehavenessentials.com/courtneylawton Please use party #153207 or www.mythirtyone.com/kbnekervis. These businesses are making one-of-a-kind products available for purchase on their individual websites, from May 24 through June 14.
· Every student has made their mark on a project that represents their grade, and each project will be available for raffle in the days leading up to the Tiger Trot and throughout the event (winners will be chosen that day). Go to www.facebook.com/greenmeadowpto to see photos of all the projects.
· SEPAC Ice Cream Social The Maynard SEPAC Ice Cream Social will be held on Tuesday, June 7th from 6:30-8:00 pm in the Fowler School cafeteria. All students receiving Special Education services in Maynard and their families are invited to attend. This popular event will have lots of crafts, activities, and fun! This event is free and open to the whole family of students receiving Special Education services in Maynard. Please contact Jessica O'Toole with any questions or to RSVP at email@example.com or 978-897-0650.
· 2016-2017 BUS REGISTRATION - Bus registration for the 2016-2017 school year began on May 9, 2016. Registration takes place at the administrative offices located at 3-R Tiger Drive. Registration Forms will be available on our website and all school offices. There is no fee increase this year. $270.00 for the 1st student; $220 for the 2nd or more. Please register as early as possible if you are interested in the bus for your child as the buses fill quickly.
· Enrollment for EXCEL April Summer Programs are open to Maynard students (current grades K-7). For information and registration go to : Maynard Public Schools, EXCEL- Before & After School
Dates to Remember
Monday, May 30 No school, Memorial Day.
Tuesday, May 31 Parent Coffee, 8:45 AM
Friday, June 3 Early Release, 11:45 Dismissal
Friday, June 10 Green Meadow Service Day and Reading Celebration
Wednesday, June 15 Preschool End-of-Year Celebration
Friday, June 17, Grade 3 Field Day
Tuesday, June 21 Last Day of Preschool
Wednesday, June 22 Last day of school for Kindergarten through grade 3